Monday, February 19, 2007

Chapter eighteen : Song of the Small Hills

Fukuji remembered I was turning fifteen soon, and that I would be needing a proper name. I didn't know what name I wanted, so I asked him. He said he could not choose for me, only I can. It took some really great thinking but I decided to keep my name Muna. I know it seems a little weird but I need to accept who I am. I have gone through so much in my life like being made fun of my name,Muna,no name. It came to me that I shouldn't try change myself because this is who I am. You can't change who you are, and I've known that for a while. It just took a really long time for me to accept it. Today he told me that I am going to become his apprentice, I was overjoyed with the great news. He cut off my pony tail because he said it will be dangerous to enter the forge with it. Now the sword is hung up on the wall of the sword smith's shop for everyone to see the engraving on it "Through fire is the spirit forged."

No comments: